You are here: Home What does this mean in practice?

Commercial EPC's, Energy Assessors and Asbestos Surveys for Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey & London

Commercial EPC

What does this mean in practice?

If you are offering any accommodation for sale or let (this includes sub-letting) you will need to make an EPC available that reflects the energy performance of the accommodation on offer. An EPC should be provided to a prospective buyer or tenant at the earliest opportunity and no later than when a viewing is conducted or when written information is provided about the building or in any event before entering into a contract to sell or let.

As a seller or landlord you are responsible for ensuring there is an EPC available for the accommodation being sold or let even if an agent or another service organisation is acting on your behalf. You should therefore ensure any agents acting on your behalf are complying with the Regulations.

When a building is constructed, it is the responsibility of the person carrying out the construction when the building is physically complete to give an EPC and recommendations report to the owner of the building and to notify Building Control that this has been done.


Contact Us

Bright Energy Reports

Bright Energy Reports
9a South Street
BN21 4UJ
Telephone: 0845 021 22 33