You are here: Home Display Energy Certificate

Commercial EPC's, Energy Assessors and Asbestos Surveys for Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Surrey & London

Display Energy Certificates

Display Energy Certificates

Public authorities, and institutions providing public services to a large number of persons, such as Schools, Hospitals, Local Government Office etc, who occupy space in a building with a total useful floor area greater than 1000m2, must display a valid Display Energy Certificate (DEC) at all times and have a valid advisory report in their possession.

Each building will require an inspection and issue of the DEC annually, whereas the advisory report will be valid for seven years.

A DEC shows an operational rating which conveys the actual energy used by the building as opposed to an EPC which conveys an asset rating showing the intrinsic performance of the building.Only public authorities or public institutions (those providing services traditionally associated with local or national government) occupying a building must display a DEC. Other private occupants of the same building are not required to display a DEC. If the building is sold or let, it will additionally require an EPC. If the building has an EPC, the asset rating will need to be included on the DEC.


Are you affected?

Display Energy Certificate Start brightenergy_Display Energy Certificate Boxes


Get A Free Quote

       We are on Facebook Follow us on Twitter We are on Linked In Follow our Blog

Stroma Accredited

ABBE Quality Accredited

Watch the Government guide to DEC’s

Instructions: Click on the link, download the file and run it to watch the video.

Contact Us

Bright Energy Reports

Bright Energy Reports
9a South Street
BN21 4UJ
Telephone: 0845 021 22 33